privacy and terms.
- This app collects certain information about you and your mobile device, including information about magazines you may be reading and retail items featured in those magazines. This app may also collect geolocation information, but you may opt-out of this at any time through the privacy settings on your mobile device.
- We use the information that we collect for purposes such as providing and improving the services and developing new products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- We may share aggregated information and other non-personal information with third parties.
- This app includes social features that allow users to share personal information with other users.
Last Updated: 03.22.2013
Personal Information That We Collect
We may collect personal information that you submit to us through the services, including without limitation the following:
- Information You Submit. Any information that you submit to us electronically, which may include (1) registration credentials that you create and use, such as your e-mail address and password; (2) if you choose to build a profile, any information that you add to your profile; (3) product reviews or comments that you submit; and (4) any other content you provide or submit in the course of using the services.
- Login from Other Services. If you elect to log in using credentials from a third party social networking service, such as Facebook or Google, or another similar service, then we may collect your account username to enable you to log in. In addition, we may automatically collect certain other information from the third party in accordance with its privacy policies and settings, including your e-mail address and your first and last name.
- Capture Feature. We may collect information about magazines that you may be reading and retail items featured in those magazines to provide you with information about those items, such as brand name, item description, and price, and to identify retailers that have the item in stock.
- Personal Shopping. If you use the service to save and store information about retail items and magazines, then we may collect such information.
- Location. If your mobile device privacy settings allow us to do so, we may capture geolocation information that enables us to help you find retailers that are close to you.
We may collect some information automatically, including information about your activity on our websites and mobile services, device identifiers, information about your web browser software and version, information about your device type and carrier, usage information about your device; and, if you arrived at our websites via a link from a third-party website, the URL of the linking page.
We may use various technologies to collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Cookies. When you visit our websites we may assign your computer one or more “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that contains information that can later be read by us to facilitate your access to our websites and personalize your online experience. This cookie may allow us to track information collected automatically, such as which pages of the websites you view. If you choose to decline cookies by modifying your browser settings, please note that some of the features offered on our websites may not function and that your election not to accept cookies may also apply to other third-party websites.
- Other Technologies. We may use other Internet technologies, including web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and similar technologies, to track your use of our websites, to see whether e-mail messages we send you have been opened, or to otherwise improve the effectiveness of our content and the products and services we offer.
We may combine your information, automatically gathered information and the information we collect through cookies with other information in our records, including information that we have obtained from other sources. This may include information that we collect from online and storefront retailers that you do business with, as well as other third parties.
How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
We use the personal information that we collect about you to provide you with the services and for other reasonable business purposes, including, but not limited to providing, improving, and marketing our products and services; developing new products and services that we think may be of interest to you; providing advertising for products and services that might interest you; responding to your requests for information; communicating with you by email, postal mail, and/or telephone about products or services that may be of interest to you; investigating possible violations of and enforce any terms and conditions associated with our products and services; and performing other functions as described to you at the time of collection or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We share personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- With Your Consent. We may share personal information as described to you at the point of collection or with your consent.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with organizations or individuals that perform functions on our behalf.
- Legal Matters. We may share personal information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, or as otherwise required by law; to persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on your behalf; to defend against legal claims; to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, suspected violations of terms and conditions associated with any of our products or services, or other wrongdoing; or to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others.
- Transactions. We may share personal information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Aggregated & Anonymous Information. We may share information and records with third parties that are not reasonably linkable to an identifiable consumer, computer, or mobile device.
- Social Networking. If you choose to publish social networking service, information about your activities may be published to your social networking account and shared with network users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what personal information a company shares with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for the third parties’ own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission. If you have questions about our sharing practices or your rights under California law, please contact us through this help page: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may refer you to third parties, such as operators of Internet services linked to from our websites or mobile services, that may collect personal information from you. Personal information collected by these third parties is not covered by this policy.
How We Protect Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system for transmitting or storing information electronically can be completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that personal information or other communications will always remain secure.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our database.
How to Contact Us
Our services are provided by servers located in the United States, and residents of other countries visiting this site consent to the application of United States law to their use of the services. If you have any questions about this policy or our personal information-handling practices, please contact us at: email@example.com.